Jul 17, 2008

Never again.

Hey again, here's my latest. This guy came into my work not too long ago and so I sketched up a quick caricature of him before I could forget what he looked like (one of the perks of working at a gas station, that and unlimited slushes). Anyways when I cleaned up the linework with graphite I decided that it wasn't as good as it could be, so rather than do another clean up or fiddle around with the original in photoshop until it looked decent, I chose to use the original cleanup as reference and redo everything with the pen tool. Though I like the results, ultimately I think this method is way too time consuming, and honestly can't recommend anyone else doing it. Chalk this one up as a learning experience I guess...

1 comment:

Eric "Spillz" Angelillo said...

Yeah Pen Tool clean up is a bitch.... with great results however!

Try using Flash, I find it faster.